Friday 29 March 2013

// // Leave a Comment

Trust in God: Do you really trust Him?

This past week I got some bad news that would trouble most people, maybe even to the point of panic and complete anxiety. As a matter of fact, if I heard this news a couple of months ago, my attitude towards it would have probably been pretty negative! But for some reason it didn't really bother me much. I actually felt peace that surpasses all understanding, and I know inside that God is in control. 

In dealing with any change, we usually feel anxious and worrisome, not knowing what's to come. But God is teaching me that although we don't know why certain things happen, God knows full well, and we only waste time and energy worrying about it! "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." (Philippians 4:6)

My trust in God has been increasing, and it's an awesome thing! Even from the smallest thing such as trusting that the huge rain cloud will move away before I go outside, or big things like trusting that God will open new doors in my career, I'm learning to just trust!

But trust doesn't come easily. In any real relationship, whether it's with a friend, mom, or spouse, without trust you don't have much of a foundation in that relationship. You're always on the edge, wondering if that person is going to let you down. It's the same with God! Without trust, how can we have a good relationship with Him? 


 Scriptures on trust:

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5,6)

"Blessed is the man who believes in, trusts in, and relies on the Lord, and whose hope and confidence the Lord is." (Jeremiah 17:7)

"And they who know Your name will lean on and confidently put their trust in You, for You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." (Psalm 9:10)

"So trust in the Lord forever; for the Lord God is an everlasting Rock." (Isaiah 26:4)

"O taste and see that the Lord [our God] is good! Blessed is the man who trusts and takes refuge in Him." (Psalm 34:8)

"For You are my hope; O Lord God, You are my trust from my youth and the source of my confidence." (Psalm 71:5)

"Cause me to hear Your loving-kindness in the morning, for on You do I lean and in You do I trust. Cause me to know the way wherein I should walk, for I lift up my inner self to You." (Psalm 143: 8)


So don't stress, just trust! God bless you :)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment