Wednesday 27 March 2013

// // Leave a Comment

How Does God Direct Our Lives?

This is a question many people wonder..How is God guiding my life? Is he even guiding me at all? What's my next step in life? In the bible times, God used to talk directly to people or send angels to give messages. But does God still guide us today? 

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.  Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you. Many are the woes of the wicked, but the Lord's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him. (Psalms 32:8-10)


For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end. (Psalms 48:14)

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.(Isaiah 42:16)

This is what the LORD says-- your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.(Isaiah 48:17)




So it's clear that God still guides us and always will! But how does He guide us now? You may get a 'sick sense', a 'gut feeling', or even have a dream about what you should or shouldn't do. If you are in Christ, the Holy Spirit will always be with you, carefully guiding every step of your life to fulfill God's divine purpose for you. 

If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever-- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.  I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. (John 14:15-18)


But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. (John 14:26)

When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me. (John 15:26)

But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me; in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.  I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. (John 16:7-14)

God bless,

0 comments:

Post a Comment