Sunday 31 March 2013

// // Leave a Comment

Are Christians Supposed to Worry?

Many of us worry about our daily lives from time to time. Some more than others. Worries about affording your next meal, getting a new job, school, making more money,etc, can be overwhelming for many. I'm definitely guilty of worrying way too much in the past! But what does God say about worrying?


Well Philippians 4:6 reads; "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God".


So God instructs us not to worry or be anxious about anything in our lives, but in thanksgiving, present your requests to Him! How many times have you or someone you knew prayed, not thankfully, but in anger to God about their problems? I'll admit I've done this many times in my past, and it's no wonder things didn't get better! We are instructed to trust in Him, and to be thankful for what we do have (as little as it may be), and He will listen and make our paths straight.


More confirmation of God's instruction not to worry can be read in Matthew 6:25-34;"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"


What an amazing verse! This verse changed the way I think about day-to-day life. I try to give my worries to God and be thankful for the blessings I do have, instead of focusing on the things I don't have!
So instead of worrying, we should pray, give our requests to God and most of all trust in Him to make everything work out in the end. The Lord always does what's right! If you're reading this article right now, give praise to the Lord, you are alive! What a blessing that is in itself! :)

 
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." -Matthew 11:28-29

0 comments:

Post a Comment