Friday 8 February 2013

// // Leave a Comment

Trials and Heartaches- Why am I Going Through This?


One question that I remember asking God time-and-time again while I was going through pain and heartache was, "Why God? Why?".  I'm sure that many of us have asked that question before. In the midst of our trials, we sometimes just can't make sense of why we are experiencing our pain, and we often wonder what good could possibly come from it...

There is a notion that when you accept Christ and become a child of God, things in life become easy, you're never sad and it's all joy, joy, joy! Folks this is not true! When you turn from sin and become a child of God, you will go through the most difficult things you ever had to experience. There's a saying; "God loves you, yes. But He loves you too much to let you stay the way you are!" When you come to Christ, expect big changes in your life because God is going to start doing an overhaul on your life!

Isaiah 48:10; "Behold, I have refined you, but not with silver; I have chosen you in the furnace of affliction."

Proverbs 3:11-12; "My child, don't reject the LORD's discipline, and don't be upset when he corrects you. For the LORD corrects those he loves, just as a father corrects a child in whom he delights."

1 Peter 4:12-13; "Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. Butrejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed." 

 Every trial and struggle we go through as a child of God is for our own spiritual growth. "And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ." (Philippians 1:6) Refinement is not an easy process to go through, but it's well worth it when you get through it all and see how far you have come.

Tonight I attended a great worship service and I just sang and praised God for everything He's done for me. At one point the pastor was talking about people who were going through pain, distress, loneliness, and to give it all to God. I realized at that moment that for the first time (in a long time), that was not me...I'm at such a different place in my life now thanks to the Lord! I looked back at the pain I had to endure, and the cries and pleas I made to God, then I remembered the wonderful nights where He comforted me and showed up in such a big way through it all. Although this will sound strange to most of you, and it even seems strange to me, I looked at those trials as a gift!

We don't realize it at the time we go through it, but there's such a closeness between us and God when we are struggling, in pain, and in heartache because He becomes our strength, our joy, our comforter, our best friend. Going through trials is a gift... I believe it now without a doubt.  Hang in there and let God consume you with His love and hold you with His loving arms. There's a light at the end of the tunnel! Until you reach it, let the hands that hold the world hold you! 
God bless you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment