Friday 22 February 2013

// // Leave a Comment

Jesus’ Father, the Spirit of God, was living within him.

John 10:30 -- Jesus said, "I and the Father are one."
John 10:38 -- But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father."
John 14:8-10 -- Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us." 9 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? 10 Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.
John 14:20 -- On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
2 Corinthians 5:19 -- ...God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation (NKJ).
Colossians 1:19 -- For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Comment:
Have you ever asked yourself the question:  When Jesus prayed, who was he praying to?  Why did Jesus seem to have such a subordinate role if he was God Almighty? (After reading this, I encourage you to visit the Sir Isaac Watt's article "A Solemn Address to the Deity."   He had very similar questions.)  Jesus was born a male child of the human race.  He required food, water, warmth, and nurturing to survive and flourish.   Jesus became tired; he slept; he wept.  He was tempted in every aspect possible.   The humanity of Jesus was as fragile and susceptible to failure as any other human being.  The difference between Jesus and us, is Jesus had total access to the Spirit of God living in him.  John the baptist described Jesus by saying:   "For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit" (John 3:34).  It was the Spirit of God living in Jesus that gave him the power to do miracles, to know the thoughts of men, to be "God with us."   The humanity of Jesus prayed to the Spirit of God in him for strength, insight, wisdom, knowledge, direction, and power. The Spirit in Jesus was no longer just a temporary manifestation of deity on earth (See Theophanies).  God became a man, or "The Creator became part of creation" (Robert A. Sabin).   The humanity of Jesus was the mediator between God and men (1 Timothy 2:5).  The flesh and blood was necessary for the propitiation of our sins (Romans 3:25, 1 John 2:2, 1 John 4:10); for without the shedding of blood, there can be no forgiveness of sin (Hebrews 9:22).  The importance of Jesus being a man does not end there.  Jesus is also our advocate, defending us when we stand before God in judgment when the accuser attempts to steal us away from God (Romans 8:34, Hebrews 7:25,1 John 2:1).  The humanity of Jesus should encourage every downtrodden, brokenhearted, defeated individual because in Jesus, we have someone who understands what we are going through. Jesus will always be a man, but he won't always need to be a mediator, an atonement for sin, an intercessor. See above reference to 1 Corinthians 15:28 under "Jesus is the Son of God."   God will always reside in Jesus, therefore Jesus will always be God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment