Sunday 23 December 2012

// // Leave a Comment

Dealing with Changes....



I've been having a lot of stress lately due to some changes I'm making in my life. There are certain people that can be 'toxic' in your life, especially when you're a Christian, and sometimes the best thing to do is to let them go. I've prayed countless times for some people in my life to change, but after all the pain and suffering I've realized that the change has to start with me making a change!

I have been struggling with a ton of emotions the past few days. From depression,sadness,worry and even anger. The demons found me at a vulnerable moment and made their attacks. Not only with feelings of inadequacy and anger, but also by two people from my past (who were very bad influences on me), who happened to contact me within those 2 days! That devil pulls all his cards at your worst moment! 


"Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having on the breastplate of righteousness; and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith you shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God" Ephesians 6:13-17.

From reading Ephesians 6:13-17, it's clear that we all will be attacked by demons at some point or another. But the key is to "take on the armor of God", by using his word. The sayings that I personally bring up when I'm feeling spiritually attacked are, "He that is within me is stronger than he that is in the world", and "With God by my side, what can man do to me?", and of coarse I always say, "I rebuke any evil spirits in the name of Jesus!".  As long as you mention Jesus' mighty, powerful name, the demons are sure to flee! :)

And also keep in mind that if you're on the right path in your life where you're going to make a positive change which will bring you closer to God and His purpose, the devil will try to do what he can to intervene and cast you down. Don't be a victim of evil, fight him off, rebuke him any time you start questioning yourself or start getting depressed!

More verses that lifted me up and gave me confidence to continue with my plans:

“Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you” (1 Peter 5:6-7)

“Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God” (Psalm 42:5)

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones” (Proverbs 3:5-8).

“…the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God’s will. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:26-28).

0 comments:

Post a Comment