Sunday 12 August 2012

// // Leave a Comment

Stop Worrying! Start Believing...

"Don't worry about a twister headed your way??" Yep, that's what I said! Let me explain...

God has been teaching me and refining me in very unique ways! Well the other day while I was driving, the skies got really gray and the wind started blowing quite a bit... I started to get terrified that there would be a twister (it's my worst fear by the way).

Then as I was driving down the street, I looked to my right and what did I see? A twister! I saw things just flying in a circle and I panicked! I did however, make it home safely. Later that day I heard that a tornado hit and damaged a neighborhood very close to me and pulled up some trees from their roots. Thank God for keeping me and my daughter safe!

So what's the point of me telling you this? Well, this is what God used to teach me a lesson! Stop worrying, even if a twister is headed our way, we need to be reminded of who God is, and that He is always in control! Why was I fearing the weather if God is control of the weather? If God is the One who sends out the rain, who let's out the snow from the storehouses of heaven, who tells the lightning where it will strike, then why was I worried? It's because I did not have enough faith. It always boils down to faith! We need to stop worrying and start believing! 

It's kind of like God was saying, "You know what, you already know who I am, and you know that you are protected, yet you are afraid that I will 'mess up' and accidentally let that twister get you? Well then, I'm going to let you give in to your fear and let you see that twister you're scared of!" I laugh now just thinking about it. This however, wasn't the end of the story...

Later that same day in the evening, I decided to read a devotional to my daughter who's 4 years old. It's actually a devotional for preschoolers (I guess I needed that lol). And guess what the page that I happened to open the book to said? This was the exact message (emphasis added);

"Do you know what it means to TRUST? It means to believe everything will be okay. We trust that our parents will take care of us. We trust that our beds will keep us warm. We trust that God will always love us and protect us....The Bible tells us we can be happy when we trust in God. When you trust in God, he shows you what to do. And you don't have to worry about anything."


And the bible verse at the bottom of the page was Romans 15:13, "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him."


Isn't that just something?! God is truly amazing! And apparently quite humorous too when He feels like it :]. I'm so thankful to the Lord for teaching me this lesson so that I can share it and encourage you. If you're in your own "twister" right now in your life, just relax! God is always in control, even when it seems things are out of control. Even through the chaos, God is working. Stop worrying, start believing!




God bless you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment